|VOLUME I. – No. 4.||THURSDAY, 30 APRIL, 2015||PRICE: FREE|
This month MQGem welcomes Morag Hughson, formerly the IBM MQ Product Architect, to the team. Morag will write blog posts on this blog, and will be developing IBM MQ Technical Education Courses.
A new version of MO71 has been released which supports the new IBM MQ 801 Command Level and the MQ Appliance, as well as a number of other new features. Read about it in MO71 version 8.0.3 is released.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- IBM releases MQ Appliance to simplify messaging deployment in remote locations and in the datacenter
- Leap Second may cause Linux to freeze
- IBM released MQ V8.0.0 FixPack 2 a month ago. Read more about the new Command Level introduced and how to move up to that command level.
- Revisit the Google Hangouts on “What is Messaging?” Part 1 and Part 2.
- TLS on your MQ channels is very important. Stop Compromising Your TLS Private Key’s Security! and Stop Using SSL V3.0 CipherSpecs!, now SSL is disabled in V18.104.22.168.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
- IBM MQ V8 for z/OS Wildfire Workshops – various dates in May and June
- GSE Nordic – First week in June
- NY/NJ MQ User Group – First week in June
- GUIDE Share France – Second week in June
- MQ Tech Conference – September, sign up now for early bird discount!
- GUIDE Share France – Last week in September
- IBM WebSphere Technical University – Mid October, sign up now for early bird discount!
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webinars are just what you need.
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to use the very powerful filters provided in MO71.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.