|VOLUME I. – No. 5.||THURSDAY, 28 MAY, 2015||PRICE: FREE|
A new version of MQSCX, our command line extended MQSC tool has been released today. V8.0.1 of MQSCX supports IBM MQ command level 801 and the MQ Appliance. Read more here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Lots of great blog posts out there this month. Here are a few links that caught our eye.
- John and Leif have done a Part 3 in the “What is Messaging?” series (catch Part 1 and Part 2 if you missed them).
- MQ support for SELinux on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- MQ for z/OS: How to enable 64bit RBA
- Using PCF with MQ JMS
- Naming Convention for MQ objects
- Granularity Matters!
- z13 and IBM MQ for z/OS V8 can reduce your MQ workload costs
- How long is that MQ call taking?, an answer to RFE 58147.
- IBM MQ Little Gem #1: XBATCHSZ
- See who’s lined up to speak at MQTC, IBM Hursley, IBM, IBM, Prolifics, TxMQ, IBM and TxMQ.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
- IBM MQ V8 for z/OS Wildfire Workshops – various dates in June
- GSE Nordic – First week in June
- NY/NJ MQ User Group – First week in June
- GUIDE Share France – Second week in June
- WebSphere Integration User Group (UK) – Second week in July
- MQ Tech Conference – September, sign up now for early bird discount!
- GUIDE Share France – Last week in September
- IBM WebSphere Technical University – Mid October, sign up now for early bird discount!
This months highlighted product information is a video showing the Web Access capabilities of MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you want to read blog posts on IBM MQ subject matter, these resources are good places to follow.