|VOLUME II. – No. 5.||THURSDAY, 26 MAY, 2016||PRICE: FREE|
The big news last month was the announcement of IBM MQ V9. If you missed it, catch up with all the announcements, links and videos here. This time next week, the distributed version of the product will be Generally Available (GA) and you can get your hands on it to try out.
As is very often the case, when a new release is announced, End of Support announcements for older releases also happen. Make sure you are aware of these EOS dates and whether they affect you.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- FAQ on IBM MQ .NET redistributable clients
- Why isnt MQ doing workload balancing for me?
- Creating an IBM MQ H/A Cluster using a Multi-Instance Queue Manager
- Update to the MQ/CICS Properties sample code
- I’m confused about MQ triggering!
- Don’t lose MQ Light messages published before a receiver has subscribed
- Exploring High Availability options for WebSphere MQ in a virtual environment
- Did you know you can rename a certificate label?
- How to specify a userid and a password in MQ Explorer 8
- Performance testing with PerfHarness
- New MQ Appliance expect script to create IPMI LAN channels easily
- Downloading superseded Fix Packs for WebSphere MQ. Example for MQ 184.108.40.206 for Linux x86 64
- MQ in the Cloud – Your messaging ‘silver lining’
- IBM MQ Little Gem #12: CHCKLOCL (REQUIRED) on z/OS
- Unexpected CSQX202E messages with multi-instance queue managers
- Setup SSL/TLS on IBM MQ
- SSL and TLS Cipher Specification Deprecations for the MQ Product
- MQ and SSL/TLS Demystified Part 1: Troubleshooting MQ Certificate Issues
- Using User ID and Password with a ‘C’ Application
- IBM MQ V9 AMS Functional overview
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
- GSE Nordic in Reykjavik – First week of June
- GUIDE Share France – Second week in June
- SHARE in Atlanta – First week of August
- MQ Tech Conference v220.127.116.11 – late September (more info)
- GUIDE Share France – late September
- IBM Cloud Technical University 2016 – a.k.a. WebSphere Technical University – last week in October
- GUIDE Share France – 2nd week in December
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
This months highlighted product information is a video which shows you how to export IBM MQ definitions using the MO71 product.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones. Read a list of APARs closed in April and those closed in May.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you want to read blog posts on IBM MQ subject matter, these resources are good places to follow. There are a great number of IBM MQ Experts that write in the IBM MQ Blogosphere.