|VOLUME II. – No. 6.||WEDNESDAY, 29 JUNE, 2016||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the June edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
After announcing IBM MQ V9 and MQ Appliance changes in April, June saw the release of the IBM MQ product on Distributed (2nd June) and z/OS (17th June), and the availability of the M2001 appliance model (10th June). With a new release comes updates to the MQ Explorer, MQ Clients and the Trial download.
To support the new version of IBM MQ, a new version of MO71, our GUI MQ Administration tool, has been released. Current licensed users of MO71 can run the new version on their existing licence. Apart from support for V9, there are a number of other new features that you can use immediately.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month – bumper crop this month!
- Basic deployment of MQ on AWS
- MQ Clients and z/OS Queue managers – or why is that CIO yelling at me?
- Running an MQ .NET application, which was compiled with a later version of MQ, on a primary installation of an earlier version of MQ
- How often should we issue CFSTRUCT BACKUP commands?
- How to get my messages back from the data log
- How to run an MQ .NET application with the MQ .NET assemblies from a non primary installation
- MQ V9 Fast encrypted messages with MQ – Introducing AMS Confidentiality Policies
- Updated IBM MQ vs. Red Hat JBoss A-MQ cost calculator and video
- Translate from setmqaut to SET AUTHREC
- MQ Light API support for the MQ Appliance (v126.96.36.199)
- MQ Java, TLS Ciphers, Non-IBM JREs & APARs IT06775, IV66840, IT09423, IT10837 — HELP ME PLEASE!
- What priority should I make MQ in my z/OS system?
- MQ Version 9 – AMS support in non-IBM JREs
- How the MQ Managed File Transfer enableMemoryAllocationChecking functionality works
- Two IBM Whitepapers: Installation of standalone MQ Client and standalone MQ Explorer coexisting in Linux and Windows
- Statistics published to system topics in MQ V9
- FAQ on Stand-alone IBM MQ.NET client
- What the knowledge centre doesn’t tell you about migration
- MQCCDTURL and mqclient.ini
- MQ V9 Client Channel Table Enhancements – URL retrieval
- IBM MQ Little Gem #13: mqclient.ini
- MaxChannels vs DIS QMSTATUS CONNS
- M2001 MQ Appliance Performance report
- ‘One-click’ provisioning of MQ for z/OS resources
- MQ Explorer V9 is on the Aqua release train!
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
- WebSphere Integration User Group (UK) – First week in July
- SHARE in Atlanta – First week of August
- MQ Tech Conference v188.8.131.52 – late September (more info)
- GUIDE Share France – late September
- IBM Cloud Technical University 2016 – a.k.a. WebSphere Technical University – last week in October
- GUIDE Share France – 2nd week in December
This months highlighted product information is a video which introduces the MO71 product.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones. Read a list of APARs closed in May and in June.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
- MQGem Software @MQGem
- WebSphere MQ Support @IBM_WMQ being replaced by Cloud Tech Support @IBM_CTS on June 30th (see Consolidate, Simplify and Streamline: Social Support Made Easier!)
- IBM Messaging @IBMMessaging
- Capitalware Inc. @Capitalware
- Leif Davidsen @LeifDavidsen
- Morag Hughson @MoragHughson
- Paul Clarke @PaulClarkeMQGem
- T.Rob Wyatt @tdotrob
- David Ware @dware301
- WebSphere User Group @websphereorg
- IBM User Community @IBMMiddleWareUC
- Valerie Lampkin @vjlam30188
- John McNamara @j0nnymac
- IBM MQ Light Team @mqlight
- Rob Nicholson @nicholsr