|VOLUME II. – No. 7.||THURSDAY, 28 JULY, 2016||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the July edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
After releasing IBM MQ V9 on the Distributed and z/OS platforms in June, July sees the release of the IBM MQ V9 z/OS Value Unit Edition (VUE) on the 29th.
Earlier in July, a new version of MQSCX was released supporting IBM MQ V9 as well as bringing you various new features including the addition of functions to the MQSCX control language. Current licensed users of MQSCX can run the new version on their existing licence.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- How to summarise the AMQ*.LOGs on distributed MQ
- Why did my rollback fail to rollback my puts?
- I’ve been told to do capacity planning – where do I start?
- Fast, Sleek, Simple. IBM MQ Appliance is the Best Way to Provide Secure Reliable Messaging
- No waiting in these queues. IBM MQ V9 and the MQ Appliance M2001 delivers fast, reliable and secure message queuing
- MQ Appliance demo – Simple MQ HA put/get sample
- IBM MQ Appliance – Setup and Install
- DISPLAY DQM for Distributed
- PCF Processing in JMS – a “gotcha” and the solution
- IBM MQ for z/OS V9.0 Performance Report
- Nuts and Bolts of the IBM MQ Appliance M2000
- Calling IBM MQ from Go applications
- Using AIX ProbeVue to look at MQ application performance
- IBM WebSphere MQ System z
- Adding up
- Configuring client connection to a IBM MQ Appliance queue manager using Client Channel Definition Table (CCDT)
- How the MQ channel attribute SHARECNV works with JMS applications
- MQ Light API enhancements in Message Hub
- IBM MQ – Using Prometheus and Grafana to monitor queue managers
- Only run MQSC script on intended Queue Manager
- IBM MQ Little Gem #14: SSLCERTI
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
- SHARE in Atlanta – First week of August
- Philadelphia WebSphere User Group Meeting – late August
- MQ Tech Conference v188.8.131.52 – late September (more info)
- GUIDE Share France – late September
- IBM Cloud Technical University 2016 – a.k.a. WebSphere Technical University – last week in October
- GUIDE Share France – 2nd week in December
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
This months highlighted product information is a series of blog posts covering the new features of MQSCX.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones. Read a list of APARs closed in June.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.