|VOLUME II. – No. 10.||THURSDAY, 27 OCTOBER, 2016||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the October edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEDIT, and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
The MQEDIT Beta continues with User Formats. If you’d like to get involved to ensure that MQEDIT is able to understand your user message formats from Day 1, please get in touch.
Last month was the MQTCv126.96.36.199 conference. Catch up on what you missed with some videos that were recorded of a few of the sessions here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Tracking MQ Technical Trends (Summer / Fall 2016)
- MQ on z/OS and the Cloud
- Duh – it is now obvious why more CPU is being used
- IBM MQ for z/OS and offloading to specialty processors
- Using XA transactions – HA queue managers or GROUPUR?
- Processing messages with the IBM MQ messaging provider activation specifications in WebSphere Application Server
- zOS Explorer Aqua – how to tell which bits came from where and help guide support in mainframe IT shops
- Robin Wiley’s MQTC Session Video
- Monitoring an IBM MQ Appliance HA Solution
- DRBD and IBM MQ part 2
- T.Rob Wyatt’s MQTC Session Video
- IBM MQ Little Gem #17: Handy MQSUB Option combination
- IBM MQ – Evolving with Your Business
- Integration and Messaging on IBM PureApplication and Bluemix Local System
- MQ Password/CHLAUTH research – Exec Summary
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- November 2nd – Integration in a Hybrid World – Application Integration Suite
- November 4th – Messaging in Microservice Architecture
- November 8th – Bringing DevOps to DataPower Gateways – See the new DataPower in action
- November 9th – Hybrid Integration Platform – Reference Architecture and Use Cases
This months highlighted product information is a video showing the powerful filtering provided by MQSCX.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones. Read a list of APARs closed in July and August.
- For V9.0.0, No Fix Pack yet (next 1Q 2017)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 5 (next 4Q 2016)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 1Q 2017). This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 4Q 2016). This version will go EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans). This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.