|VOLUME II. – No. 12.||FRIDAY, 30 DECEMBER, 2016||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the December edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
It’s somewhat traditional to take a look back over the year, at the end of the year, so here’s ours.
Some very minor updates were made to MO71 to add features requested by customers. See pictures here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month – bumper crop this month!
- IBM MQ Blogosphere in 2016
- Conference Material from 2016
- Monitoring an IBM MQ Appliance’s Resources using the REST API
- Floating IP support for the IBM MQ Appliance
- Connection Authentication & Channel Authentication Record interactions
- High Availability sample using Pacemaker and Azure File storage
- MQ 9.0.1 – IBM MQ Console Role Based Access Control
- IBM MQ Managed File Transfer Agent Re-distributable package
- IBM MQ for z/OS: V9.0.1 performance improvements for AMS
- MQ Statistics. Practising self-control
- MQ 9.0.1 – IBM MQ Console Authentication
- Getting certificates to work with the MQ Web console on z/OS
- IBM MQ Console on z/OS
- How many buffers do I need for SMDS?
- Identify connections originating from IBM MQ MFT Agents
- So when does a message really expire?
- IBM MQ CONNAUTH/CHLAUTH Doesn’t Work Like You Think it Does (and if you aren’t careful may not work at all)
- Integrating WebSphere MQ with JBoss Enterprise Application Server
- Using z/OSMF V2.2 Cloud Provisioning to stand up MQ resources
- Does my certificate need a SAN?
- MQ 9.0.1 – Administrative REST API
- Introduction to IBM MQ Console – v9.0.1
- Have you ever wanted to use dspmq on z/OS?
- Which messages should I automate?
- User Formats with String Messages
- What do I need to think about to make my queue manager HA?
- MQ and JMS for Enterprise Transaction Managers
- Connect back-end systems to APIs with IBM API Connect and IBM MQ
- How to install and Configure the MQ MFT redistributable agent
- IBM MQ Appliance Console overview and accompanying blog post, MQ Appliance v9.0.1 Console overview
- How should I set up my distributed environment when applications need to go to shared queue on z/OS?
- MQ Beta for IBM Bluemix Hybrid Connect released
- Monitoring IBM MQ Appliance health remotely with SNMP
- Using CAPEXPRY to prevent system queues filling up when using MQTT durable subscriptions
- What do I need to think about to make my applications Highly Available
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
This months highlighted product information is a video showing the API Exerciser in MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones. Read a list of APARs closed in October.
- For V9.0.0, No Fix Pack yet (next 1Q 2017)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 5 (next 1Q 2017)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 1Q 2017). This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 1Q 2017). This version will go EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans). This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you’re on Twitter and are looking for accounts to follow that share #IBMMQ, #MQAppliance or #MQLight content, here are a few suggestions. You can also find this list on Twitter at MQGem/ IBMMQ_Resources.
- MQGem Software @MQGem
- Cloud Tech Support @IBM_CTS
- IBM Messaging @IBMMessaging
- Capitalware Inc. @Capitalware
- Leif Davidsen @LeifDavidsen
- Morag Hughson @MoragHughson
- Paul Clarke @PaulClarkeMQGem
- T.Rob Wyatt @tdotrob
- David Ware @dware301
- IBM User Community @IBMMiddleWareUC
- Valerie Lampkin @vjlam30188
- John McNamara @j0nnymac
- IBM MQ Light Team @mqlight
- Rob Nicholson @nicholsr