|VOLUME III. – No. 1.||THURSDAY, 26 JANUARY, 2017||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the January edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
MQEdit has run an extended Beta period which comes to a close at the end of January. Prices are now available for the product to allow you to purchase a licence to continue using it.
Earlier this month we announced the capability to now run our GUI products, MO71 and MQEdit, on Intel Linux.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Setting up WLM for HA is not obvious
- Bridging from MQ into Message Hub in IBM Bluemix
- Performance testing IBM MQ in a Docker environment
- User errors before migrating a QSG
- The MQ Service Provider for z/OS Connect
- Displaying the operating system version and maintenance level
- Automatic queue manager start-up
- Migration to 9.0.1 including queue manager backup / restore
- Scripting system management operations on the IBM MQ Appliance using the REST API
- Provisioning an IBM MQ development environment with the IBM z/OS Provisioning Toolkit
- Calling IBM MQ from Go applications now updated for program-controlled client config via MQCD without needing CCDT
- Beginning the new, looking back to the old
- IBM MQ Little Gem #19: DISPLAY CONN dates & times
- IBM MQ v9.0 install
- IBM MQ 9.0.1 Visual Studio C++ 2015 requires Microsoft KB3118401
- Do you use channel exits written in C on your z/OS queue manager?
- Moving messages between IBM MQ for z/OS queue managers in a sysplex
- Simple can be better – the new MQ and MQ Advanced licensing
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to use Trace Message in MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones. Read a list of APARs closed in October.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, No Fix Pack yet (next 1Q17)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 5 (next 1Q 2017)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 2Q 2017).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 3Q 2017).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.