|VOLUME III. – No. 2.||TUESDAY, 28 FEBRUARY, 2017||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the February edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
MQEdit has now ended its Beta period and is available to purchase as a product. More details on the website. Read posts about it here on the blog.
MQGem is very proud that our very own Morag Hughson has been renewed as an IBM Champion for Cloud.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- OTMA problems
- MQ Problem Determination : Resource problems
- Do I need to duplex my admin structure?
- MQ on Linux comes of age!
- Top tip when planning a migration from WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition V7.0.4
- Simplify file transfer from the enterprise to the cloud with IBM MQ Managed File Transfer
- Using MQ 9.0 system topics for resource monitoring and MQ 9.0.1 Console for showing charts
- How To: Capture Trace Events related to SSL when using Windows Keystore under .NET Managed client
- Tuning log switches
- Deprecated CipherSpecs
- MQ Service Provider for z/OS Connect
- How to migrate MFT to a new machine with different OS?
- MQ multi-instance error messages encountered during strmqm and endmqm
- IBM MQ Little Gem #20: Picking CCDT entry by Channel Name
- Configuring access to the MQ Console and CLI on the IBM MQ Appliance
- Creating a CCDT for any version
- IBM MQ and WebSphere MQ: Support Portal Changes
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
- SHARE in San Jose – First week of March
- InterConnect in Las Vegas – mid March
MQ Speakers at Interconnect: Video 1
MQ Speakers at Interconnect: Video 2
- GUIDE Share France – End of March
- GSE Nordic in Fornebu, Norway – First week of May
- GUIDE Share France – Second week in June
- MQ Tech Conference v126.96.36.199 – late September (see more info)
This months highlighted product information is a video showing the Web Access capabilities of MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, No Fix Pack yet (next 1Q 2017)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 6 (next 2Q 2017)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 2Q 2017).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 3Q 2017).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you want to read blog posts on IBM MQ subject matter, these resources are good places to follow. There are a great number of IBM MQ Experts that write in the IBM MQ Blogosphere.