|VOLUME III. – No. 3.||THURSDAY, 30 MARCH, 2017||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the March edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
Earlier this month we released MO71 version 9.0.3 which contains a number of new features, such as User Commands, and Hostname displays, as well as support for the latest Command Level for IBM MQ, which came in the newest CD, IBM MQ V9.0.2.
A minor update was made to MQEdit to add parameters to allow it to be invoked directly from MO71 to edit exactly the same message you were browsing in MO71.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Useful information on setting up and using a JMS whitelist
- IBM MQ Appliance Knowledge Center – every day, in every way, I am getting better…
- Connect your applications with IBM MQ
- Where’s my bottleneck – the obvious answer may be wrong!
- Introducing the IBM MQ image on the Bluemix Container Service
- Understanding MQ Cluster work load management Algorithm and workload-specific attributes
- Why does performance dip every day at the same time?
- SSL configuration of the Websphere MQ Java/JMS client
- Enterprise messaging in the cloud
- IBM MQ for z/OS Generate MQSC Commands plugin for IBM UCD
- Monitoring and Exploring IBM MQ AMQERR logs on IBM Bluemix using Cloud Product Insights-Log Management
- IBM MQ Little Gem #21: UNCOM
- What’s new for the IBM MQ Console in 9.0.2
- MQ-CPH Performance Harness Released on GitHub
- Install IBM MQ for z/OS V9.0.2
- REST API Display Queue – MQ9.0.2
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
This months highlighted product information is a video which shows you how to export IBM MQ definitions using the MO71 product.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, No Fix Pack yet (next 1Q 2017)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 6 (next 2Q 2017)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 2Q 2017).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 3Q 2017).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you’re on Twitter and are looking for accounts to follow that share #IBMMQ, #MQAppliance or #MQLight content, here are a few suggestions. You can also find this list on Twitter at MQGem/IBMMQ_Resources.
- MQGem Software @MQGem
- Cloud Tech Support @IBM_CTS
- IBM Messaging @IBMMessaging
- Capitalware Inc. @Capitalware
- Leif Davidsen @LeifDavidsen
- Morag Hughson @MoragHughson
- Paul Clarke @PaulClarkeMQGem
- T.Rob Wyatt @tdotrob
- David Ware @dware301
- IBM User Community @IBMMiddleWareUC
- Valerie Lampkin @vjlam30188
- John McNamara @j0nnymac
- IBM MQ Light Team @mqlight
- Rob Nicholson @nicholsr