|VOLUME III. – No. 4.||THURSDAY, 27 APRIL, 2017||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the April edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
MQGem is a Gold Sponsor of the MQ Tech Conference v220.127.116.11. Both Paul and Morag will be there giving MQ sessions.
A minor update was made to MO71 to add some more issues to be checked for as possible Problems in the Network View.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month. Quite a bumper crop this month!
- IBM MQ Bridge for Salesforce
- REST API Display Queue – MQ9.0.2
- Bluemix containers with MQ
- Configuring network interfaces on the MQ Appliance
- MQ 9.0.2 supports IBM Cloud Product Insights
- Links to MQ’s InterConnect 2017 presentations
- Getting started on MQ performance on z/OS for those people with no time
- Configuring LDAP Role-Based Management (RBM) on the IBM MQ Appliance
- Details on which Managed File Transfer commands connect to which queue managers
- Options for a programmatic REST API for MQ
- Logger enhancements for MQ v9.0.2
- OPMODE in MQ V9 LTS for z/OS
- Can a private queue be in two places?
- MQ JMS whitelisting in WebSphere Application Server
- My client connections are using too much CPU in DB2. What can I do?
- IBM WebSphere messaging backbone quickly delivers transaction data to a central hub
- IBM MQ and Salesforce messaging
- An Example for how to configure Role Based Management on MQ Appliance to allow access to LDAP users
- IBM MQ and IIB HA Architectures using AWS
- IBM MQ Little Gem #22: CCDT Uses
- Using two TCPIP stacks with one chinit on z/OS
- IBM Bluemix Continuous delivery with IIB and MQ in the Bluemix Container Service
- MQ Poison Messages & Backout Queues
- AMS and TLS Performance on the MQ Appliance
- What is a VIPA – and how do clients us it to save CPU in a QSG
- Taking a performance view to running the MQ Console on z/OS
- Can I see any problems in the MQ job logs?
- MQ REST API Security – Authentication
- Does your z/OS queue manager have enough active log space? And how to fix it!
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- May 15, 11:00 AM EDT: Introducing the Connector Pack – Extra Value for Users of IBM MQ Advanced for z/OS VUE – speaker Paul Kettley
This months highlighted product information is a video which shows you how to export IBM MQ definitions using the MO71 product.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, No Fix Pack yet (next 2Q 2017)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 6 (next 2Q 2017)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 2Q 2017).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 3Q 2017).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.