|VOLUME III. – No. 5.||WEDNESDAY, 31 MAY, 2017||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the May edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
This month MO71 has been running a beta of a new feature, an Activity Trace viewer/analyser. Get involved and try it out.
The latest Continuous Delivery (CD) release of IBM MQ, V9.0.3 is now available. Read more here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- IBM MQ Advanced
- MQGem Products: Minor Updates
- IIB MQ Bluemix Devops Container Deploy
- Scripting using the MQ REST API
- IBM MQ to Product Insights Service in Bluemix
- Can I see any problems in the MQ job logs?
- IBM MQ Advanced for z/OS Value Unit Edition Announcement
- How IBM Cloud Product Insights fuels transformation
- How to Send message from an on premise IBM MQ to Azure Service Bus queue
- OPMODE in MQ V9 CD for z/OS
- Where is my queue SMF data?
- IBM MQ – For Effortless Digital Transformation
- MQ End of Service Dates
- Why is DIS USAGE different from LISTCAT?
- z/OS Connect: A viable alternative to a client connection?
- Configuring the MQ Service Provider for z/OS Connect EE
- Why did my channel exit abend at V9
- IBM MQ Little Gem #23: That Syncing Feeling
- Why does my MQ resource adapter fail to start and report an MQJCA1008 error?
- IBM MQ and Salesforce messaging
- IBM MQ Version 9.0.3 est disponible
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webinars are just what you need.
- June 28 – Does your messaging product protect your data? Can you afford not to be using MQ Advanced? – speaker Leif Davidsen
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to simplify the MO71 GUI interface.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 1 (next 2Q 2017)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 6 (next 2Q 2017)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 2Q 2017).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 3Q 2017).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you want to read blog posts on IBM MQ subject matter, these resources are good places to follow. There are a great number of IBM MQ Experts that write in the IBM MQ Blogosphere.
← Previous Newsletter