|VOLUME III. – No. 6.||FRIDAY, 30 JUNE, 2017||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the June edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
A new version of QLOAD, V9.0.1, was released this month. Read more about it here.
IBM announced and released MQ V8 on HPE NonStop, the first Queue Manager release of MQ on the NonStop platform since Version 5.3. Read more here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Planning and reviewing your application’s architecture
- The MQ Administrative REST API is now available on the MQ Appliance
- IBM MQ v9 console
- Summarising MQ usage in the usage report and Sub Capacity Pricing report
- Solving so called ‘MQ performance problems’ – what to check
- Installing MQ without a Java Runtime Environment or removing one already present
- MQ REST API demonstration
- Buried Treasure – embedding IBM MQ clients and MFT Agents into applications
- Installation, Configuration and Basic Test of MQ 9.0 Advanced Message Security (AMS) in Linux
- What is the best format for giving you performance information?
- Running the Trigger Monitor as a SERVICE
- BASHed by a single quote
- Are you using MQ Internet Pass-Thru?
- How fast is a piece of string?
- IBM MQ V8.0 is available on the HPE NonStop platform
- How we tracked down a cunning network problem
- IBM MQ Little Gem #24: Client HeartBeat Negotiation
- Should I use this old machine to run my production queue manager?
- Workaround to Launch IBM MQ Explorer after Uninstalling MQ Fixpack on Windows Platform
- Prevent a major whoops – check it now
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
- SHARE in Providence, Rhode Island – Second week of August
- MQ Tech Conference v184.108.40.206 – late September (see more info)
- IBM Cloud Technical University 2017 in Berlin, Germany – Second week of October
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to use the very powerful filters provided in MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 1 (next 2Q 2017)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 6 (next 2Q 2017)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 2Q 2017).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 3Q 2017).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you’re on Twitter and are looking for accounts to follow that share #IBMMQ, #MQAppliance or #MQLight content, here are a few suggestions. You can also find this list on Twitter at MQGem/IBMMQ_Resources.
- MQGem Software @MQGem
- Cloud Tech Support @IBM_CTS
- IBM Integration @IBMMIntegration
- Capitalware Inc. @Capitalware
- Leif Davidsen @LeifDavidsen
- Morag Hughson @MoragHughson
- Paul Clarke @PaulClarkeMQGem
- T.Rob Wyatt @tdotrob
- David Ware @dware301
- IBM User Community @IBMMiddleWareUC
- Valerie Lampkin @vjlam30188
- John McNamara @j0nnymac
- Rob Nicholson @nicholsr