|VOLUME III. – No. 8.||THURSDAY, 31 AUGUST, 2017||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the August edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
A new version of MO71, V9.0.5, providing column filters, was released earlier this month. Read more about it here.
Also this month, MQEdit was updated, with V9.0.2 providing formatters for JSON, FIX and CSV (OFS) messages. Read more about it here.
Preparation is well underway for the MQTC conference later in September. Both Paul and Morag will be there, giving MQ technical sessions and at the MQGem Booth in the Sponsor’s Pavilion in the evenings. Come by and say hello.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- What’s the difference between a business architect and someone with a wallet of pens for a white board?
- Should I set up page set expansion – and how should I do it?
- When you’re doing maintenance, you can fail over the entire group of queue managers in that HA group or you can fail them individually if you’d like
- MQ Light Retirement Reminder
- Why isn’t my queue manager shutting down?
- What’s the difference between Standard AMS interception and MCA interception?
- Using channel exits with JEE application servers
- IBM MQ and IIB HA Architectures Using GCP
- Deploy MQ into IBM Cloud private
- Sizing Structures for Queue Sharing Groups
- Why did my SET CHLAUTH not work?
- Where is CHCKCLNT(ASQMGR)?
- Handling Messages In The IBM MQ Advanced Message Security Error Queue
- What’s the difference between C programmer and an Application programmer
- My XMITQ Queues are filling up – what should I monitor?
- What OPMODE is in use on my MQ V9.0 z/OS queue manager?
- How to make persistent the events for starting and stopping an MQ queue manager
- How IBM MQ Advanced Security Protects Data From Hacks
- Splunking Websphere MQ Queues and Topics
- IBM MQ Little Gem #26: Publish Delivery Options
- MQ Cluster Workload Balancing with Preferred Locality – Part 1 and Part 2
- MQ Light Developer tools v1.0.8 released
- Why are persistent messages out of syncpoint a bad idea?
- MQ Pub/Sub: topic tree, security
- MQ Pub/Sub: non-durable topics and subscribers
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- August 30 – Using IBM MQ to Connect to the Mainframe – Speaker Paul Kettley (missed it? check out the replay)
- September 13 – Simplify infrastructure and reduce TCO with the MQ appliance – Speaker Leif Davidsen
This months highlighted product information is a video showing the API Exerciser in MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 1 (next 3Q 2017)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 4Q 2017)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 4Q 2017).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 3Q 2017).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you want to read blog posts on IBM MQ subject matter, these resources are good places to follow. There are a great number of IBM MQ Experts that write in the IBM MQ Blogosphere.