|VOLUME III. – No. 9.||FRIDAY, 29 SEPTEMBER, 2017||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the September edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
A minor update was made to MO71 to provide a preference option to cause compare dialogs to use all attributes including InhibitGet and Trigger (which change a lot).
We’ve just been to the MQTCv22.214.171.124 Conference, the only dedicated IBM MQ Conference. Paul and Morag were both there as speakers and with an MQGem booth in the Sponsor Pavilion. Read more here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- MQ and the use of data set encryption for IBM z/OS v2.2
- Configuring List Dialogs in MO71
- AMS setup and user errors
- AWS Quick Start for IBM MQ
- Why IBM MQ lets you choose the cloud best for you
- Running the MQ docker image on the Kubernetes service in Bluemix
- “This accounting data makes no sense!”
- Q:What can happen if I have a mismatch of definitions? A:It sometimes works
- My CSQ_ADMIN filled up – what can I do?
- IBM MQ Little Gem #27: strmqtrc
- What’s a generic port?
- Getting access to the MQCONSOLE using certificates
- Do I need to worry about tuning WRTHRSH?
- AMS: Do not fiddle with the Crypto cards!
- MQ Pub/Sub: durable subscribers
- MQRACF.rexx to extract the defintions from RACF
- Changing your log size (on z/OS)
- MQ Pub/Sub: C API and traces
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
- GUIDE Share France – late September
- IBM Cloud Technical University 2017 in Berlin, Germany – Second week of October
- GSE UK Conference 2017 – Early November
- NY/NJ Hybrid Cloud IBM MQ & Integration User Group Meeting – November 14th
- GUIDE Share France – late November
This months highlighted product information is an article to show you how to use MO71 to generate emailed alerts whenever an interesting event happens.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 1 (next 3Q 2017)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 4Q 2017)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 4Q 2017).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 3Q 2017).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you’re on Twitter and are looking for accounts to follow that share #IBMMQ, #MQAppliance or #MQLight content, here are a few suggestions. You can also find this list on Twitter at MQGem/IBMMQ_Resources.
- MQGem Software @MQGem
- Cloud Tech Support @IBM_CTS
- IBM Integration @IBMMIntegration
- Capitalware Inc. @Capitalware
- Leif Davidsen @LeifDavidsen
- Morag Hughson @MoragHughson
- Paul Clarke @PaulClarkeMQGem
- T.Rob Wyatt @tdotrob
- David Ware @dware301
- IBM User Community @IBMMiddleWareUC
- Valerie Lampkin @vjlam30188
- John McNamara @j0nnymac
- Rob Nicholson @nicholsr