|VOLUME IV. – No. 1.||WEDNESDAY, 31 JANUARY, 2018||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the January edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
As many of you know, we have lived in NZ for the last two years. Plans are now progressing well to move the MQGem Business to NZ as well. Look out for prices quoted in NZD as well as your own currency on future quotes.
A new version of MO71, V9.0.6, was released this month.
IBM announced its new experimental IBM MQ on IBM Cloud service. Read more here.
Training module MQG-101-31 “Securing channels using Digital Certificates (SSL/TLS)” now has z/OS instructions as well as Windows and Unix. Go our here for more information.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Messaging REST API
- Using IBM MQ V9 with WebSphere Application Server Traditional
- Making a Business Case for Using the IBM MQ Appliance
- Can I control which MQ objects people can administer?
- Where does this module get loaded from? Using ISRDDN
- Protecting messages at rest
- Developing Java applications for MQ just got easier with Maven
- I am in a panic – where’s the run book
- Introducing MQ on IBM Cloud
- MQ Light messaging from Microsoft .NET (Part 3)
- IBM MQ Advice Regarding Operating System Security Patches for Spectre and Meltdown
- Action required for IBM MQ on AWS Quick Start for security vulnerabilities in Ubuntu
- IT23235: New qm.ini parameter to disable TLS v1.0 connections for queue manager
- Experimental service for MQ on IBM Cloud is here
- IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.1 is now available!
- What happens if you don’t back up your CF structures?
- When deprecated != deprecated
- Versioning in the MQ REST API
- Getting going with MQ on IBM Cloud
- How many digital certificates do I need with AMS?
- IBM MQ Little Gem #31: Publisher’s CorrelId
- Problem 1: Abusing MSGID and CORRELID with deep queues
- Problem 2: We want to increase the maximum Uncommitted Messages (MaxUncomittedMsgs) what is the impact?
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to simplify the MO71 GUI interface.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 2 (next 1Q 2018)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 1Q 2018)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 2Q 2018).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.