|VOLUME IV. – No. 2.||WEDNESDAY, 28 FEBRUARY, 2018||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the February edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
MQGem Software is now a registered company in New Zealand. You will find the new company address on any quotes or invoices you are sent from now on. If you need company details in advance of your next quote, please get in touch.
MQGem Software tools for IBM MQ can be used with MQ on IBM Cloud. Read more here.
IBM announced its IBM MQ on IBM Cloud service has now moved into Beta. Read more here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- MQ performance tests in a Docker container
- How to set message persistence with JMS applications?
- What name shall I call my application structures?
- Configuring MQ to work with Windows Domain Users
- Should I use more than one structure within a unit of work?
- Configuring MQ to work with Users from a trusted domain
- Top tip when using IBM MQ and the Spring JMS Framework
- Should I duplex my non recoverable structure?
- IBM MQ on IBM Cloud – MCA Channels
- Why MQ AUTHREC shows <<invalid>> Entry?
- I want to get the best throughput from Shared Queue
- I can haz error logs?
- What’s the CPU cost of not defing a queue?
- IBM MQ Little Gem #32: HSTATE
- What do the MQ DB2 plans do?
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to use the very powerful filters provided in MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 2 (next 1Q 2018)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 1Q 2018)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 2Q 2018).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you want to read blog posts on IBM MQ subject matter, these resources are good places to follow. There are a great number of IBM MQ Experts that write in the IBM MQ Blogosphere.