|VOLUME IV. – No. 3.||THURSDAY, 29 MARCH, 2018||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the March edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
A new version of MQEdit, V9.0.3, was released earlier this month. Read more about it here.
IBM released the latest continuous delivery release on Distributed, z/OS and MQ Applicance, MQ V9.0.5, and on HPE NonStop, MQ V8.0.2. Read more here.
IBM announced its IBM MQ on IBM Cloud service, previously in Beta, is now generally available. Read more here.
The IBM Think 2018 conference was earlier this month. If you weren’t able to attend, check out the buzz on twitter about MQ at IBM Think.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- MQ Light messaging from Microsoft®.NET™ (Part 4)
- Installation of IBM MQ components on Windows using Command Line
- MQ for z/OS – Performance report MP16 update!
- Installing MQ using MSIEXEC on Windows
- Different configuration for publish subscription applications in distributed environment
- MQ for z/OS on z14 – What performance benefits might you see?
- What are my options for using AMS and WebSphere Application Server Traditional?
- MQ for z/OS – Simulating InfoSphere Q Replication between z/OS and Linux
- High performance IBM MQ & JMS applications
- My favourite USS shell commands
- What is the default behaviour of the IBM MQ classes for Java method MQMessage.writeString(String)?
- IBM MQ in IBM Cloud Private (Part 1) and (Part 2)
- Saving CPU by having a job that does nothing!
- IBM MQ (Messaging) Security – Quick Dive
- A Quick Start Guide to Configure IBM DB2 with IBM MQ Managed File Transfer
- And we’re off! MQ on IBM Cloud is here
- What’s the cost of using a MQ message selector to select a message from a queue?
- DB2 set up in MQ – running the JCL
- IBM MQ on IBM Cloud, IBM MQ and IBM MQ Appliance 9.0.5 Continuous Delivery Releases are available
- Putting out a new release like IBM MQ V9.0.5 is more than a 9-5 job
- MQ 9.0.5 – Quick Start with MFT REST APIs
- Changes to CSRF protection in the MQ REST API in 9.0.5
- IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.2 with important security update is now available
- Morag’s Quirks #1: MQ Error Message numbers
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- April 10 – How to Connect On-Premise MQ with IBM MQ on Cloud – Live Demo and Presentation – Speaker: Francois van der Merwe
- April 17 – Provision MQ infrastructure in minutes with IBM MQ on Cloud – Speaker: David Richards
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to use Trace Message in MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 3 (next 2Q 2018)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 1Q 2018)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 2Q 2018).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you’re on Twitter and are looking for accounts to follow that share #IBMMQ, #MQAppliance or #MQLight content, here are a few suggestions. You can also find this list on Twitter at MQGem/IBMMQ_Resources.
- MQGem Software @MQGem
- Cloud Tech Support @IBM_CTS
- IBM Integration @IBMMIntegration
- Capitalware Inc. @Capitalware
- Leif Davidsen @LeifDavidsen
- Morag Hughson @MoragHughson
- Paul Clarke @PaulClarkeMQGem
- T.Rob Wyatt @tdotrob
- David Ware @dware301
- IBM User Community @IBMMiddleWareUC
- Valerie Lampkin @vjlam30188
← Previous Newsletter