|VOLUME IV. – No. 7.||TUESDAY, 31 JULY, 2018||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the July edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
More speakers and sessions have been added to the MQTC Conference schedule. Read more here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Using IBM MQ version 9.0.5 on s390x or Power containers
- MQ Event queue interpretation
- Troubleshooting Hints and Tips for Shared Queues on z/OS
- When does ACE need a local MQ server?
- IBM App Connect Enterprise can now securely connect to IBM MQ on Cloud
- The Enterprise Differentiator of IBM MQ for z/OS
- Everyone gets the point. MQ V9.1 delivers the latest features in a Long Term Support release
- When 9.1 + 3 equals 2002 – the new MQ Appliance M2002 with MQ V9.1
- Why the MQ REST API needs CSRF protection
- Configuring a queue manager to report as MQ Advanced for z/OS VUE
- Additional RFH header added by “AppDynamics monitor agent” Tool
- Complying with GDPR and the importance of protecting data with MQ Advanced
- IBM MQ Infographic
- Ensuring your business and customers see you as Highly Available thanks to MQ Advanced
- What are my options for client connections with MQ on z/OS?
- Introducing Docker Application Gunder
- Overcoming Blockchain integration challenges with IBM MQ
- The cost of connecting to a z/OS queue manage
- IBM MQ bridge to blockchain in MQ 9.1- z/OS and Hyperledger Composer
- IBM MQ Docker images and Helm charts updates
- Why the IBM MQ Appliance might be a good choice for your business
- IBM MQ Little Gem #34: Channel Compression
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
This months highlighted product information is a video which introduces the MO71 product.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 4 (next 3Q 2018)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 10 (next 4Q 2018).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2020. See also
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 3Q 2018).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.
← Previous Newsletter