|VOLUME IV. – No. 8.||THURSDAY, 30 AUGUST, 2018||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the August edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
MO71 has been updated to V9.1 to reflect it supports command level 910 of IBM MQ.
IBM provided AMS and TLS facilities on the MQ Cloud service. Read more here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- 3 ways IBM MQ helps with daily life
- Privacy by design in the era of GDPR
- Why you need queue sharing groups
- Application Activity – formatting and extracting key information
- Java MQ Code to List Queue Status
- Can two managed transfers access the same source file at the same time?
- RDQM HA Performance
- No more OPMODE!
- Shared queues – where do the messages live?
- Behavioural changes to MQ client connections introduced by APAR IT25839
- Installation, Configuration and Basic Test of MQ 9.0 Advanced Message Security (AMS) in Linux
- Using Custom DR & HA Replication Interfaces with 9.1
- Connect and protect with IBM MQ V9.1
- IBM MQ Little Gem #35: Grouped subscriptions
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
This months highlighted product information is a video which shows you how to export IBM MQ definitions using the MO71 product.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 4 (next 3Q 2018)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 10 (next 4Q 2018).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2020. See also
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 3Q 2018).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you want to read blog posts on IBM MQ subject matter, these resources are good places to follow. There are a great number of IBM MQ Experts that write in the IBM MQ Blogosphere.