|VOLUME IV. – No. 9.||FriDAY, 28 SEPTEMBER, 2018||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the September edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
IBM announced new hourly container-based pricing for IBM MQ. Read more from Leif Davidsen here.
IBM announced that MQ is now available as a managed service on AWS.
MQTCv188.8.131.52, the only conference dedicated to IBM MQ, ran in the last week of September. Check out the buzz around it on twitter.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Setup IBM MQ v9 AMQP with Java MQLight client over SSL
- Logger enhancements for MQ v9.0.2 and v9.1
- MQ for z/OS version 9.1.0 performance report is now available!
- MQ Advanced powered by MQ V9.1 – now it’s time for business – join the webinar – follow the link to listen to the replay
- The impact of TLS ciphers on an MQ for z/OS channel
- zEDC compression on MQ archive logs
- More on the STATIME queue manager attribute
- The one trick magician
- IBM MQ V9.1 for Linux (x86-64 platform) Performance Report Now Available
- IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.4 is now available
- M2001 HA and DR Performance report updated
- Data in motion is data adding value. Using MQ for data transfer from files as well as applications
- Morag’s Quirks #4: Message ID on publish
- What is happening in your business? What are your customers doing? Let IBM Event Streams show you the way ahead
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- October 2 (11AM EDT) – IBM Event Streams : Extending IBM’s messaging portfolio with Apache Kafka for the enterprise – Speaker: Alan Chatt
- October 9 (8AM EDT) – MQ V9.1 delivers new features and enhancements for robust and secure messaging – Speaker: Francois van der Merwe
- October 9 (11AM EDT) – Unleash the Power of Universal Messaging with IBM MQ – Speakers: Ray Daniel and Billy Parker
- October 18 (11AM EDT) – MQ as a Managed Service on AWS – Speakers: Waleed Arshad and Matt Roberts
This months highlighted product information is a video which introduces the MQSCX product.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.1.0 LTS, No Fix Pack yet (next 4Q 2018)
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 5 (next 1Q 2019)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 10 (next 4Q 2018).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2020. See also
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you’re on Twitter and are looking for accounts to follow that share #IBMMQ, #MQAppliance or #MQLight content, here are a few suggestions. You can also find this list on Twitter at MQGem/IBMMQ_Resources.
- MQGem Software @MQGem
- Cloud Tech Support @IBM_CTS
- IBM Integration @IBMMIntegration
- Capitalware Inc. @Capitalware
- Leif Davidsen @LeifDavidsen
- Morag Hughson @MoragHughson
- Paul Clarke @PaulClarkeMQGem
- T.Rob Wyatt @tdotrob
- David Ware @dware301
- IBM User Community @IBMMiddleWareUC
- Valerie Lampkin @vjlam30188
- MQ Fan @IBMMQFan