|VOLUME IV. – No. 10.||WEDNESDAY, 31 OCTOBER, 2018||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the October edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
MQGem is pleased to announce that all it’s IBM MQ training modules now include instructions for the IBM i platform.
A new version of MQEdit, V9.1 was released earlier this month. New features include Character Substitution Mode and Select All. Read more here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Handling MQ events
- Setup IBM MQ v9 for Java clients over SSL
- What is the IBM MQ Appliance
- What is happening in your business? What are your customers doing? Let IBM Event Streams show you the way ahead
- Understanding re-allocation of messages in IBM MQ Clusters
- Support for IBM MQ on Cloud in IBM App Connect
- What happens if an MFT agent becomes disconnected from its agent queue manager?
- FROM THE ARCHIVES: Getting going without turning off IBM MQ Security
- New MQ for z/OS Wildfire Workshop
- Don’t get caught out by clouds of hot air. IBM MQ builds reliable bridges in a multi-cloud world
- M2002 MQ Appliance performance report
- Why do we still need psychic programmers?
- strmqm command fails with RMLIMIT_NOFILE message
- Can I have my MQ listener on Linux start when I start MQ?
- What is this “long running UOW problem”
- The fast and slow of clients doing MQCONN and the impact of DNS
- IBM MQ Little Gem #36: Listener Control
- How can I use BFGTRCRS to transfer to a Windows directory containing spaces in the name?
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- November 14 (11AM EDT) – Take the next step in your cloud journey with MQ on AWS – Speaker: Waleed Arshad
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to simplify the MO71 GUI interface.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.1.0 LTS, No Fix Pack yet (next 4Q 2018)
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 5 (next 1Q 2019)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 10 (next 4Q 2018).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2020. See also
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.