|VOLUME IV. – No. 11.||FRIDAY, 30 NOVEMBER, 2018||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the November edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
IBM announced, and delivered, the latest Continuous Delivery release of IBM MQ, V9.1.1. Read more here.
A new version of MQEdit was released earlier this month with some customer requested features.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- IBM MQ: Setup a dedicated “client” queue manager using cluster technology
- Parsing MQ event messages as Python objects using amqsevt
- Cloud Spotlight: IBM MQ High Availability (HA) in AWS
- IBM MQ: Setup a simple REST API environment with MQWEB and cURL
- When does an MFT source agent action the source disposition for a transfer item?
- Does Apache Kafka do ACID transactions?
- Detecting MQ Advanced, or MQ Advanced VUE, queue managers programmatically
- Java MQ Code to List Channel Status
- Reach out with IBM MQ and Amazon Web Services
- MQ Pub/Sub: basic troubleshooting
- Messaging REST API: A viable alternative to a client connection?
- Q Type APARs required for migration to MQ z/OS V910
- Using Prometheus to monitor MQ channel status
- How do I create JCL for my MFT for z/OS agents?
- Flashes of insight into the MQ SMF data
- High performance IBM MQ & JMS applications
- Integrating MQ on IBM Cloud with Queue Manager Clusters: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
- IBM MQ Little Gem #37: Topic Tree Anchor Point
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to use the very powerful filters provided in MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.1.0 LTS, Fix Pack 1 (next 1Q 2019)
- For V9.1.x CD.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 5 (next 1Q 2019)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 10 (next 4Q 2018).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2020. See also
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you want to read blog posts on IBM MQ subject matter, these resources are good places to follow. There are a great number of IBM MQ Experts that write in the IBM MQ Blogosphere.