|VOLUME V. – No. 1.||THURSDAY, 31 JANUARY, 2019||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the January edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, Q and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
A new version of MO71, V9.1.1, was released this month with support from IBM MQ V9.1.1; HTTP proxy support for the HTTP connections it makes and some improvements to the Alter List dialog when large numbers of fields are involved.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- MQTT is the leading protocol for connecting IoT devices
- Pre-Requisite installation of Microsoft Visual C runtime on Windows 2008 when user wants to install IBM MQ 7509 Client
- Is your business getting indigestion? IBM MQ can ease that pain by ingesting your file data into MQ including MQ on Cloud
- Migrating your queue manager in an enterprise
- Transactional DATA and IBM MQ, a Marriage made in Cloud
- MQWEB gets killed off after starting
- Not for humans but for search engines
- How do I know which queue manager to connect to?
- Are your client connections not configured for optimum high availability?
- IBM MQ Little Gem #38: MQ Error messages to UNIX Syslog
- Getting started with MQ Hourly Pricing using IBM Cloud Private Metering
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- February 26 (2PM EST) – IBM MQ in the Cloud – Speaker: Doyle Leabch
This months highlighted product information is a video showing the Web Access capabilities of MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.1.0 LTS, Fix Pack 1 (next 1Q 2019)
- For V9.1.x CD.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 5 (next 1Q 2019)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 11 (next 2Q 2019).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2020. See also
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.
← Previous Newsletter