|VOLUME VI. – No. 7.||THURSDAY, 30 JULY, 2020||PRICE: FREE|
IBM Hursley has announced IBM MQ V9.2. It is available on distributed platforms, with z/OS coming in September. Read more about this new release here.
MQGem will be there – come and check us out in the “Explore our partners” section and have a chat.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Cant edit mqwebuser.xml under z/OS?
- Cant get web browser talking to mqweb on z/OS
- Running Cluster Channel Commands in MO71
- IBM MQ information from IBM Developer
- Why is MQWEB not accepting my certificate ? An end to head banging
- IBM Event Streams (Kafka) Workshop with MQ on z/OS
- Configuration and basic test of remote clients for MQ 9.1 Advanced Message Security (AMS) in Linux
- Installation, Configuration and Basic Test of MQ 9.0 Advanced Message Security (AMS) in Linux
- Playing twister with Liberty and falling over
- mqsc_qmgrs script
- Power to the Pak. Understanding the flexible license of IBM Cloud Pak for Integration
- IBM Cloud Pak for Integration in 2 minutes
- MQ Distributed: collection of articles regarding installation, upgrade and migration
- Take a deep dive on all things MQ at Virtual TechCon 2020
- Configuring CCDT with IBM MQ
- Redbooks on IBM MQ
- MQ Performance on OpenShift
- Morag’s Quirks #9: Open Options and Authorisations
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education. Please check with the organisers of these events to be sure that they are going ahead.
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online events are just what you need.
This months highlighted product information is a video which shows you how to export IBM MQ definitions using the MO71 product.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.2.0 LTS, none yet (next 3Q 2020)
- For V9.2.x CD.
- For V9.1.0 LTS, Fix Pack 6 (next 4Q 2020)
- For V9.1.x CD.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 10 (next 3Q 2020).
This version will go EOS on 30th September 2021. See also
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 15 (next 4Q 2020).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2020. See also
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.
← Previous Newsletter