|VOLUME VI. – No. 12.||WEDNESDAY, 30 DECEMBER, 2020||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the December edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, MQEV, Q and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
IBM announced and made available the next CD release, V9.2.1. Read more about it here.
It’s somewhat traditional at the end of the year to take a look back at all the things that have happened. Read ours here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- More flexibility for user management in MQ
- IBM MQ, IBM MQ for z/OS and IBM MQ Appliance firmware 9.2.1 Continuous Delivery releases are available
- Writing Idempotent MQSC Scripts: The Complete Overview
- Should I monitor MQ – if so what for?
- What should I monitor for MQ on z/OS – logging statistics
- What’s in Command Levels 92x
- IBM MQ – What’s new in 9.2 Note: Updated for V9.2.1
- What should I monitor for MQ on z/OS – buffer pool
- Save MQ configuration as JSON
- Text Files in Preview Pane
- Performance of MQ with z/OS Container Extensions use cases
- Dealing with RDQM Cluster Loss – Part 1 – Recovery
- Dealing with RDQM Cluster Loss – Part 2 – Restoration
- Raspberry Pi 4 and IBM MQ
- Scaling cloud-native messaging applications with KEDA
- A practical guide to getting z/OSMF working
- Should I Use MQ workflow in z/OSMF or not? Not
- Should I run MQ for Linux, on z/OS on my Linux?
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
This months highlighted product information is a video showing the powerful filtering provided by MQSCX.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.2.0 LTS, Fix Pack 1 (next 1Q 2021)
- For V9.2.x CD.
- For V9.1.0 LTS, Fix Pack 7 (next 2Q 2021)
- For V9.1.x CD.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 11 (next 2Q 2021).
This version will go EOS on 30th September 2021. See also
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 15 (next 1Q 2021).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2020. See also
Handy IBM MQ Resources
- MQGem Software @MQGem
- IBM Support @IBMSupport
- IBM Cloud @IBMCloud
- Leif Davidsen @LeifDavidsen
- Jens Diedrichsen @JensDiedrichsen
- Morag Hughson @MoragHughson
- Paul Clarke @PaulClarkeMQGem
- T.Rob Wyatt @tdotrob and his non-political MQ only alter-ego Deep Queue @deepqueue
- David Ware @dware301
- Matt Roberts @matrober
- IBM Community @IBMCommunity
- MQ Fan @IBMMQFan
- Colin Paice @ColinPaiceMQ
- Kazumichi Hatakeyama @KHatakeyama
- Capitalware Inc. @Capitalware
- TxMQ, Inc. @TxMQITSolutions
- Avada Software @AvadaSoftware
- OpenLogix @openlogix
← Previous Newsletter