|VOLUME VIII. – No. 3.||THURSDAY, 31 MARCH, 2022||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the March edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, MQEV, Q and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
A new version of MO71 was released with a number of new features, including a new and improved problem selection dialog, and more health checks for your queue managers. You can read about the new features here.
Both MQSCX and MQEV were updated earlier this month to support the new IBM MQ V9.2.5 command level.
The IBM Champions for this year include 18 with a product focus on IBM MQ!
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Disk encryption on the MQ Appliance
- IBM MQ DevOps
- MQ Message Routing in JSON
- File Transfer across your MQ network
- AMQ9271E error messages for MQ client connections: [TIMEOUT] 65 seconds
- Please apply PH32539
- Message CSQI051E
- Saving CPU, but at what cost?
- Exchange messages with IBM MQ using Rust
- Transforming Your IBM MQ Estate Using Containers Presentation
- IBM MQ: Monitoring
- Setting up SMDS in MQ on z/OS
- What does MQRCCF_PARM_CONFLICT mean?
- Clustering, Queues & Security
- Using Windows wmic and reg to find the IBM MQ Installations and their IBM MQ Components
- Finding the reason why a message was sent to the Dead Letter Queue (DLQ) in IBM MQ
- Some ways to delete all messages from an IBM MQ queue
- Morag’s Quirk’s #15: QSGDISP
- Newish Fields in QMST records
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed, Facebook page and LinkedIn page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education. Please check with the organisers of these events to be sure that they are going ahead.
- GSE Nordic in Stockholm, Sweden – June 2022
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- IBM Tech Con Virtual Conference – April 5th – 7th
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to create User Formats in MQEdit.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of MQ.
- For V9.2.0 LTS, Fix Pack 5 (next 2Q 2022)
- For V9.1.0 LTS, Fix Pack 11 (next 3Q 2022)
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 12 (next 2Q 2022).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2021. See also
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 16 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2020. See also
Continuous Delivery (CD)
These are the currently supported CD releases.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
- MQGem Software @MQGem
- IBM Support @IBMSupport
- IBM Cloud @IBMCloud
- Leif Davidsen @LeifDavidsen
- Jens Diedrichsen @JensDiedrichsen
- Morag Hughson @MoragHughson
- Paul Clarke @PaulClarkeMQGem
- T.Rob Wyatt @tdotrob and his non-political MQ only alter-ego Deep Queue @deepqueue
- David Ware @dware301
- Matt Roberts @matrober
- IBM Community @IBMCommunity
- MQ Fan @IBMMQFan
- Colin Paice @ColinPaiceMQ
- Kazumichi Hatakeyama @KHatakeyama
- Capitalware Inc. @Capitalware
- TxMQ, Inc. @TxMQITSolutions
- Avada Software @AvadaSoftware
- OpenLogix @openlogix
MQGem wishes you a Happy Easter. We’d love to hear from you. Get in touch by email or follow us on one of our social media channels.
← Previous Newsletter