|VOLUME VIII. – No. 6.||THURSDAY, 30 JUNE, 2022||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the June edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, MQEV, Q and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
A minor update to MO71 was released to support this new MQ release.
If you missed the recent IBM MQ Webinar, the replay and slides are available from this link.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Best Practices for IBM z/OS in a Parallel Sysplex
- How to look at the MQ scripts used by rpm during installation (if the script creates the user mqm the home directory is /var/mqm)
- Issues with Podman being faced by Users
- Overriding Queue Manager name for client application connections
- Programmatically initiate file transfers in IBM MQ Managed File Transfer
- IBM MQ MFT: Customizing transfers using transfer exits
- Using Python to connect to MQ on z/OS
- Rehosting IBM MQ on OpenShift Container Platform (OCP)
- Should all red flags be green?
- IBM MQ 9.3 Long Term Support is available
- What’s in Command Levels 93x
- Two years of evolution and innovation with IBM MQ 9.3
- Getting started with IBM MQ Managed File Transfer
- IBM MQ Managed File Transfer Agent in container
- Durable subscriptions to minimise object handle use
- Interaction of IBM MQ MFT with AWS’s S3 storage via rendered transfer services
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed, Facebook page and LinkedIn page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there, or on LinkedIn follow the hashtags #IBMMQ and #WorkSmartWithMQ.
There are some conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months.
- GSE UK Conference – November 2022
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- August 3rd (10:00am EDT) – Webinar: IBM MQ What’s New: Innovation and evolution – Speaker: David Ware
- August 11th (12:00noon EDT) – Webinar: Ensure Data Availability and Integrity with the new IBM MQ Appliance, M2003 – Speaker: Amy McCormick
This months highlighted product information is a video showing the API Exerciser in MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of MQ.
- For V9.3.0 LTS
- For V9.2.0 LTS, Fix Pack 6 (next 4Q 2022)
- For V9.1.0 LTS, Fix Pack 11 (next 3Q 2022)
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 13 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2021. See also
Continuous Delivery (CD)
These are the currently supported CD releases with their EOS dates.
- V9.3.0 CD (more info) download
- V9.2.5 CD (more info) download 24th Feb 2023
- V9.2.4 CD (more info) 18th Nov 2022
- V9.2.3 CD (more info) 22nd July 2022
Handy IBM MQ Resources
- MQGem Software @MQGem
- IBM Support @IBMSupport
- IBM Cloud @IBMCloud
- Leif Davidsen @LeifDavidsen
- Jens Diedrichsen @JensDiedrichsen
- Morag Hughson @MoragHughson
- Paul Clarke @PaulClarkeMQGem
- T.Rob Wyatt @tdotrob and his non-political MQ only alter-ego Deep Queue @deepqueue
- David Ware @dware301
- Matt Roberts @matrober
- IBM Community @IBMCommunity
- MQ Fan @IBMMQFan
- Colin Paice @ColinPaiceMQ
- Kazumichi Hatakeyama @KHatakeyama
- Capitalware Inc. @Capitalware
- TxMQ, Inc. @TxMQITSolutions
- Avada Software @AvadaSoftware
- OpenLogix @openlogix
Are you looking forward to summer and some time off? We’d love to hear from you. Get in touch by email or follow us on one of our social media channels.
← Previous Newsletter