|VOLUME VIII. – No. 7.||FRIDAY, 29 JULY, 2022||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the July edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, MQEV, Q and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
IBM announced and released MQ for z/OS V9.3.0 this month.
IBM announced the new MQAppliance M2003 which will come pre-loaded with IBM MQ V9.3.
We have updated our post about the V9.3 release here, and will continue to add to the list as more are published by Hursley.
A minor update to MQEV and MQSCX was released at the start of the month to support IBM MQ V9.3.
A minor update was made to Q to allow two small features, setting ApplName, and wrapping text when outputting it to a file.
With the new IBM MQ and MQ Appliance announcements and releases, there are two new Webinars coming up in August all about these. See the Upcoming Online Events section.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- IBM MQ Prevents Message Duplication or Loss – RTInsights
- Getting ready to upgrade – please keep data!
- Recording queue manager object access
- Data Availability and Integrity with the IBM MQ Appliance
- MH06 Trace Tools Supportpac Being Sunset
- IBM Tech Now: New Power10 Servers, IBM MQ Appliance M2003, and Hyper Protect Virtual Servers for VPC
- How to use MQ Streaming Queues and Kafka Connect to make an auditable copy of IBM MQ messages
- Identify the application that has an IBM MQ queue opened
- MP1B: IBM MQ – Interpreting accounting and statistics data, and other utilities has been updated
- For the MQ rpm filesets in Linux, how to find out their dependencies?
- Installing Standalone IBM MQ Explorer 9.3 in Windows and Linux
- Automating downloads of IBM MQ fixes from IBM Fix Central with GetMQFix.jar
- Changes done to Windows system after installing IBM MQ 9.3
- Health check of IBM MQ MFT
- Scaling IBM MQ uniform clusters and client applications in OpenShift
- SSL Implementation in IBM MQ Distribute Queue manager
- Setup Microsoft Azure’s virtual machine to be MQ MFT transfer-ready
- IBM® Message Service Client (XMS) for C/C++ 3.0.0
- IBM MQ Interview Questions
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed, Facebook page and LinkedIn page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months.
- GSE UK Conference – November 2022
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- August 3rd (10:00am EDT) – Webinar: IBM MQ What’s New: Innovation and evolution – Speaker: David Ware
- August 11th (12:00noon EDT) – Webinar: Ensure Data Availability and Integrity with the new IBM MQ Appliance, M2003 – Speaker: Amy McCormick
This months highlighted product information is an introductory video about MQEdit.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of MQ.
- For V9.3.0 LTS, No Fix Pack yet (next 3Q 2022)
- For V9.2.0 LTS, Fix Pack 6 (next 4Q 2022)
- For V9.1.0 LTS, Fix Pack 11 (next 4Q 2022)
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 13 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2021. See also
Continuous Delivery (CD)
These are the currently supported CD releases.
- V9.3.0 CD (more info) download
- V9.2.5 CD (more info) download 24th Feb 2023
- V9.2.4 CD (more info) 18th Nov 2022
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.
MQGem hopes you are enjoying your summer holidays. We’d love to hear from you. Get in touch by email or follow us on one of our social media channels.
← Previous Newsletter