|VOLUME VIII. – No. 8.||TUESDAY, 30 AUGUST, 2022||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the August edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, MQEV, Q and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
After a busy couple of months of new releases from IBM and MQGem, it’s a quiet month for news this month. Plenty of blog posts and articles to read though
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Running Problematic x86_64 Containers, such as MQ, using Podman on ARM (M1) Macs
- How to use AMS to enforce security and governance by encrypting IBM MQ messages on OpenShift
- IBM MQ multi-instance and RDMQ require same userid for user 'mqm' and same groupid for group 'mqm' across nodes
- IBM MQ Appliance M2003 is available
- On Linux 8.x machines seen the errors libedit version as “unknown” and runmqsc gives “AMQ8521I: Command completion and history unavailable.
- Detailed procedure of migrating regular IBM MQ Queue Manager to RDQM HA Queue manager
- File names in JCL
- Using CSQUDMSG – working samples for the z/OS person
- Using CSQUDMSG – working samples for the z/OS person – Updates
- IBM MQ for z/OS – an unexpected problem producing MQ SMF data
- MQ for z/OS 9.3 – Performance report available!
- Authenticating to the IBM MQ Console with the openidConnectClient feature
- Everything you need to know about running IBM MQ on AWS
- Managing Not Authorized (Type 4) Events
- Troubleshooting intermittent network errors on the MQ Appliance.
- How to enable LLDIAG on the MQ Appliance to gather diagnostic information.
- Get an IBM MQ queue for development running on Azure
- Real audiences
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed, Facebook page and LinkedIn page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months.
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- September 13th (11:00am EDT) – Webinar: MQ and Event Streams – get the best of both worlds – Speakers: Matt Sunley and Alan Chatt
This months highlighted product information is a video about the MQSCX Control Language.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of MQ.
- For V9.3.0 LTS, No Fix Pack yet (next 3Q 2022)
- For V9.2.0 LTS, Fix Pack 6 (next 4Q 2022)
- For V9.1.0 LTS, Fix Pack 11 (next 3Q 2022)
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 13 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2021. See also
Continuous Delivery (CD)
These are the currently supported CD releases.
- V9.3.0 CD (more info) download
- V9.2.5 CD (more info) download 24th Feb 2023
- V9.2.4 CD (more info) 18th Nov 2022
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you want to read blog posts on IBM MQ subject matter, these resources are good places to follow. There are a great number of IBM MQ Experts that write in the IBM MQ Blogosphere.
- MQGem Blog
- Morag’s IBM MQ Blog on IMWUC
- IBM MQ Family Community Blog
- IBM Messaging Blog (now closed for new content)
- Roger’s Blog on MQ
- Lyn’s MQ for z/OS stories
- Mark Taylor’s Blog – Messaging, Music and Moving Around
- Colin Paice’s Blog
- Do You MQ Blog and Podcasts
- Niklas Ottosson’s Tech Blog
- Leif Davidsen’s Blog
- IBM Developer MQ area
- Demey Consulting Articles
- Store and Forward
- MrMQ Articles
MQGem hopes you have had a great summer. We’d love to hear from you. Get in touch by email or follow us on one of our social media channels.
← Previous Newsletter