|VOLUME V. – No. 3.||FRIDAY, 29 MARCH, 2019||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the March edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, Q and QLOAD products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
IBM delivered the latest Continuous Delivery release of IBM MQ, V9.1.2. Read more here.
Over the last few months, several mini features have been added to MO71. Read more about them here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- z/VSE Access to MQ server via REST
- Trivia for CLUSDATE and CLUSTIME in MQ Clustering
- Best Practices for an IBM MQ Channel’s SHARECNV Parameter
- Some gotcha’s when using stats and accounting with MQ midrange
- Weird Problem related to a Channel Security Exit
- How big is your estate?
- Get fast, reliable messaging with IBM MQ on Compute Engine
- Cleaning up after your application programmers
- Why cant I pipe into runmqsc?
- Why is msgage() empty?
- Many MQ admin only do half a job
- My cluster channel definition worked – why?
- I’m not getting workload balancing with MQ! Of course not
- “Make not working” due to order of link statements
- Check MQ attributes meet standards using MQSCX
- With IBM MQ there is no reason why you would ever loose transactional data
- Queue Manager Restart Times in V9.1.1
- MQ for z/OS – Performance report MP16 update!
- Upgrading MQ 126.96.36.199 to MQ 188.8.131.52 LTS in Linux
- How many queue manager connections do MFT agents create?
- Production ready sample code: material science for messaging application developers
- Not just the great State of Texas but the Integrate State of Texas. Learn more about IBM Cloud Integration Platform and IBM MQ at the 2019 Integration TechCon
- Using the monitoring data provided via publish in MQ midrange
- Big disasters from little problems grow
- How do I print the reason string for a reason code in my C program?
- I’ve always wanted a sample MQ server, and a buggy C program
- IBM MQ and IBM MQ Appliance firmware V9.1.2 (continuous delivery) is available
- Building scalable fault tolerant systems with IBM MQ 9.1.2 CD
- Walkthrough: Auto application rebalancing using the Uniform Cluster pattern
- For toilets read server….
- Where are the man pages for MQ?
- More descriptive Application Names in IBM MQ
- Reduction of XMS dll’s
- Configuring MFT File Logger with MQ on IBM Cloud
- How to migrate MQ .NET Framework applications to .NET Core
- MQ Appliance Error Log Enhancements in 9.1.2
- IBM MQ on Cloud v9.1.2: Exciting enhancements and new capabilities
- Replace a CA certified Client Certificate in IBM MQ using iKeyCmd
- IBM Transformation Advisor provides valuable insights on IBM MQ
- IBM MQ Little Gem #40: setmqenv
- IBM Cloud Private and MQ’s Uniform Cluster
- Client mode connections now supported with the MQ service provider for z/OS Connect EE
- IBM MQ for z/OS v9.1.2 Active log acceleration with zHyperWrite
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
This months highlighted product information is an article to show you how to use MO71 to generate emailed alerts whenever an interesting event happens.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.1.0 LTS, Fix Pack 1 (next 2Q 2019)
- For V9.1.x CD.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 6 (next 2Q 2019)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 11 (next 2Q 2019).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2020. See also
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 9 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you’re on Twitter and are looking for accounts to follow that share #IBMMQ, #MQAppliance or #MQLight content, here are a few suggestions. You can also find this list on Twitter at MQGem/IBMMQ_Resources.
- MQGem Software @MQGem
- Cloud Tech Support @IBM_CTS
- IBM Integration @IBMMIntegration
- Capitalware Inc. @Capitalware
- Leif Davidsen @LeifDavidsen
- Morag Hughson @MoragHughson
- Paul Clarke @PaulClarkeMQGem
- T.Rob Wyatt @tdotrob
- David Ware @dware301
- IBM User Community @IBMMiddleWareUC
- Valerie Lampkin @vjlam30188
- MQ Fan @IBMMQFan
- Colin Paice @ColinPaiceMQ
← Previous Newsletter