|VOLUME I. – No. 10.||THURSDAY, 29 OCTOBER, 2015||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the October edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
MQGem is currently running a closed beta for the next version of MO71. Features currently in beta include:-
- Main window Queue Manager search field
- Connect all and Disonnect all support
- Channel Mask added to Application definition
- ‘QM Group’ in console list
- Web interface improvements
There is also a closed beta running for the next version of QLOAD. Features currently in beta include:-
- multiple destinations queues – allowing QLOAD to be used as a queue splitter
- destination file – containing a list of queue names
- new verbose options
If you’d like to be part of either of these betas, please send us an email for the details.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- IBM RedBook: Integrating the IBM MQ Appliance Into Your Existing MQ Infrastructure
- Why Moving MQ into an Appliance Makes Sense
- How the IBM MQ Appliance Brings MQ and High Availability Together
- 5 Things to Know About the IBM MQ Appliance
- 5 Things To Know About Administering the IBM MQ Appliance
- Update to MQIPT (SupportPac MS81) to add a new JRE release
- Security > 140 Chat with T. Rob Wyatt on MQ and Middleware Security
- Using selectors in QLOAD
- WebSphere / IBM MQ for z/OS Migration Guide
- Mark Taylor’s video about the new features in Fix Pack 18.104.22.168
- IBM MQ Little Gem #6: QMSTATUS
- Troubleshooting IBM MQ TLS Channels
- Command Totals in MO71 and MQSCX
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
- GSE UK Conference – First week in November
- NY/NJ MQ & App. Integration User Group – First week in December
- GUIDE Share France – 2nd week in December
- IBM interConnect 2016 in Las Vegas – Late February
- SHARE in San Antonio – First week of March
- GSE Nordic in Reykavivk – First week of June
- MQ Tech Conference v22.214.171.124 – late September
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- 10th November – Security Considerations for
MQ 7.5 and V8
- 12th November – Unlocking the value of your applications with IBM Messaging
This months highlighted product information is a video which introduces the MO71 product.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.