|VOLUME III. – No. 10.||TUESDAY, 31 OCTOBER, 2017||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the October edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
This month IBM announced the latest Continuous Delivery (CD) release of IBM MQ V9 and an update to the MQ Appliance. MQ V9.0.4 will be available for download on 6th November. Read more here.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Driving MQ admin cost, defects to near-zero
- All you wanted to know about how logging works – and more
- AMS: headbanging when certificate problems
- MQ Pub/Sub: JMS API and traces
- What is GDPR and how does it affect IBM MQ use?
- Connecting channels to and from a Queue Sharing Group
- How the MQ Managed File Transfer agent property “maxFilesForTransfer” works
- Configuring Activation Specifications for use with a Highly Available IBM MQ infrastructure
- MQ Pub/Sub: Selectors, Retained Pubs, System Topics, Wildcards
- Converting a queue manager to a QSG
- MQ Pub/Sub: introduction to distributed networks
- What authorities to grant for non-mqm users to perform Managed File Transfer actions?
- Should I mix persistent and non persistent messages on a queue?
- Secure file transfer using MQ Advanced
- Why have I run out of XCF groups?
- Using IBM Cloud Functions for serverless processing of MQ messages
- Two steps forward, no steps back with IBM MQ V9.0.4
- MQ start/stop woes
- Reaching for SANity with the IBM MQ Appliance
- Updates to the MQ Docker support statement
- IBM MQ Little Gem #28: EVENT Switches
- MQ Performance in a Docker container
- MQ Pub/Sub: Direct Routing clusters and proxy subscriptions
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
- GSE UK Conference 2017 – Early November
- NY/NJ Hybrid Cloud IBM MQ & Integration User Group Meeting – November 14th
- GUIDE Share France – late November
Upcoming online events
If you’re unable to get to any “in-person” events, then these online webcasts are just what you need.
- November 16 – Better protection than ever with MQ’s brand new High Availability solution – Speaker Leif Davidsen
This months highlighted product information is a video which introduces the MO71 product.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- For V9.0.x CD, see Fix List.
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 2 (next 1Q 2018)
- For V8.0.0, Fix Pack 7 (next 4Q 2017)
- For V7.5.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 1Q 2018).
This version will go EOS on 30th April 2018. See also
- For V7.1.0, Fix Pack 8 (next 4Q 2017).
This version went EOS on 30th April 2017
- For V7.0.1, Fix Pack 14 (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2015.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.
← Previous Newsletter