|VOLUME IX. – No. 5.||WEDNESDAY, 31 MAY, 2023||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the May edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX, MQEdit, MQEV, Q, QLOAD and MQMONA products, our IBM MQ training modules, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
IBM announced MQ V9.3.3 on Distributed platforms this month to be generally available on June 20th. There is also a statement of direction saying that IBM intends to make V9.3.3 available on z/OS.
This month we uploaded a series of 10 short videos (~3 minutes) about different facets of the MQGem product, MQEV. Read more here and watch the first in the series from our featured video section in this newsletter.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Automating IBM MQ Installation and Configuration with MQ-Ansible
- Refresh of MP16 – Capacity Planning and Tuning for IBM MQ for z/OS
- M2003 MQ Appliance Performance Report
- Why IBM MQ
- MQI Node.js library: an experimental reimplementation
- IBM MQ Appliance off-device logging: a configuration example
- Using MQ Feature – IBM MQ V9.3.2 DISPLAY QMSTATUS
- Collection of tutorials for installing and upgrading IBM MQ Linux, Windows, AIX
- Is there an installation package for Windows with only IBM MQ tools to handle certificates: GUI strmqikm (iKeyman), and line commands runmqckm (iKeycmd) and runmqakm (GSKCapiCmd)
- Using IBM MQ High Availability sample amqsphac to test the switchover of a multi-instance queue manager
- IBM MQ AMQ9526E Message sequence number error for channel
- Configuring a Secure Connection for the IBM MQ Web Console on Linux and Windows Platforms
- Configuring Transport Level Security (TLS) between two MQ Queue Managers using self-signed certificates
- IBM MQ Console: Configuring Transport Level Security (TLS) between two MQ Queue Managers using self-signed certificates
- MQ died and APIs rule the world
- Back to Basics – Pilot
- Use storage type 'persistent', and not 'ephemeral', for Production IBM MQ queue managers
- MQ Ansible YAML Commands Collection
- Solution to pod crashes in OCP due to MQRC_NOT_AUTHORIZED error during setup of ‘UserExternal’ security policy to a Queue Manager
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed, Facebook page and LinkedIn page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months.
- GSE Nordic in Oslo, Norway – late May 2023
- SHARE New Orleans – August 2023
- IBM TechXchange Conference 2023 – September 2023
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to collect MQ events with MQEV.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of MQ.
These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
- V9.3.0 LTS, Fix Pack 5 (next 3Q 2023)
- V9.2.0 LTS, Fix Pack 11 (CSU) (next 3Q 2023)
- V9.1.0 LTS, Fix Pack 15 (next 4Q 2023)
This version will go EOS on 30th September 2023. See also
- V9.0.0 LTS, Fix Pack 17 (CSU) (no plans).
This version went EOS on 30th September 2021. See also
Continuous Delivery (CD)
These are the currently supported CD releases.
- V9.3.2 CD (more info) download 16th Feb 2024
- V9.3.2 CD, Fix Pack 1 (CSU)
- V9.3.1 CD (more info) download 20th Oct 2023
- V9.3.0 CD (more info) download
- V9.2.5 CD (more info) download 24th Feb 2023
These are the latest RSU Sourceids at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now. Support Summary here.
- For V9.3.0 LTS, Closed APARs (RSU2303)
- For V9.2.0 LTS, Closed APARs (RSU2303)
- For V9.1.0 LTS, Closed APARs (RSU2206)
- For V9.0.0 LTS, Closed APARs
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you want to read blog posts on IBM MQ subject matter, these resources are good places to follow. There are a great number of IBM MQ Experts that write in the IBM MQ Blogosphere.
- MQGem Blog
- Morag’s IBM MQ Blog on IMWUC
- IBM MQ Family Community Blog
- IBM Messaging Blog (now closed for new content)
- Roger’s Blog on MQ
- Lyn’s MQ for z/OS stories
- Mark Taylor’s Blog – Messaging, Music and Moving Around
- Colin Paice’s Blog
- Do You MQ Blog and Podcasts
- Niklas Ottosson’s Tech Blog
- Leif Davidsen’s Blog
- IBM Developer MQ area
- Demey Consulting Articles
- Store and Forward
- MrMQ Articles
MQGem hopes you're following lots of IBM MQ blogs. We’d love to hear from you. Get in touch by email or follow us on one of our social media channels.
← Previous Newsletter