|VOLUME II. – No. 2.||THURSDAY, 25 FEBRUARY, 2016||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the February edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
This week saw the IBM InterConnect 2016 conference. I hope lots of you were able to make it to this event, or if you didn’t you followed along on IBMgo (Hint: you can still watch recordings on there). There were a number of IBM MQ speakers there presenting a full week of sessions. Of course there’s been a lot on Twitter about the conference too (follow the IBM Messaging Speakers for their week at InterConnect). We hope the presentation material will be made available as in previous years and will highlight once we hear about it.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few links that caught our eye this month.
- Careless fingers causes crisis
- Limiting CPU consumption in compatibility mode during MQ V8 migration (z/OS)
- ClusterQueueAccessControl usage and its implications
- Overriding authentication aliases on JMS connection factories
- ❤Romance is not dead – in the MQ world❤
- Setting out markers for MQ’s road ahead
- Installing IBM MQ with Chef
- Enabling the CAPEXPRY feature on IBM MQ for z/OS
- IBM MQ Little Gem #9: DEFCDISP
- How to get my messages back from the data log (z/OS)
- Understanding log statistics (z/OS)
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
- SHARE in San Antonio – First week of March
- GUIDE Share France – Second week in March
- WebSphere User Group UK – end of April
- GSE Nordic in Reykavivk – First week of June
- GUIDE Share France – Second week in June
- MQ Tech Conference v184.108.40.206 – late September (see announcement)
- GUIDE Share France – late September
- GUIDE Share France – 2nd week in December
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to use Trace Message in MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you want to read blog posts on IBM MQ subject matter, these resources are good places to follow. There are a great number of IBM MQ Experts that write in the IBM MQ Blogosphere.