|VOLUME II. – No. 4.||THURSDAY, 28 APRIL, 2016||PRICE: FREE|
Welcome to the April edition of the MQGem Monthly Newsletter, bringing you company news from MQGem Software, information about the MO71, MQSCX and QLOAD products, and interesting articles about IBM MQ.
The big news this month was of course the announcement of the next version of IBM MQ, V9. You can see the announcement letter links, FAQ and blog posts from various writers at IBM MQ and MQ Appliance April News.
Interesting IBM MQ links
Here are a few other links (not IBM MQ V9 related) that caught our eye this month.
- Tuning IMS MPRs that connect to an MQ queue manager
- Update to MS81: WebSphere MQ Internet Pass-Thru
- Need a Highly Available Messaging and Integration Bus in 30 minutes at the press of a button?
- Update to “Microservices from Theory to Practice: Creating Applications in IBM Bluemix Using the Microservices Approach”
- Colin’s head banging topics
- What does the message “MQJCA4004: Message delivery to an MDB ‘null’ failed with exception: ‘deactivate of endpoint is in progress.'” mean?
- Planning and doing Disaster Recovery for MQ on z/OS
- SVRCONNs and INDISP(SHARED) listeners
- The well known SVRCONN shared listener problem in a QSG
- Arthur Barr is writing a series of blog posts about MQ on OpenStack. Part one: Creating an image using Packer; Part two: Managing an MQ environment using Heat
- [FIXED] MQ Managed File Transfer crashes after applying AIX patches
- MQ Appliance – BMC, IPMI and the ‘hardware watchdog’
- 5 Things to Know About the IBM MQ Appliance
- IBM MQ Little Gem #11: ExcludeMessage
- Managing queue manager startup and shutdown on Linux with systemd
- Understanding the mystery of PCF data
We share all the above links on our Twitter feed and Facebook page so if you don’t want to wait until the end-of-month newsletter, follow us on there.
There are a number of conference events where IBM MQ will be featured in the coming months. Hopefully you’ll be able to sign up to one near you and obtain some MQ technical education.
- Philadelphia WebSphere User Group Meeting – first week of May
- GSE Nordic in Reykavivk – First week of June
- GUIDE Share France – Second week in June
- MQ Tech Conference v22.214.171.124 – late September (see announcement)
- GUIDE Share France – late September
- IBM Cloud Technical University 2016 – a.k.a. WebSphere Technical University – last week in October
- GUIDE Share France – 2nd week in December
This months highlighted product information is a video showing how to use the very powerful filters provided in MO71.
IBM MQ Latest Maintenance
Make sure you’re on the latest maintenance level of your version of IBM MQ. These are the latest Fix Packs at the time of going to press. Check here for the latest versions now, and here for the planned dates for the next ones.
Handy IBM MQ Resources
If you have a question about IBM MQ that you can’t find the answer to, these resources are good places to ask your question.